2 Questions (TR4)

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 2 Questions (TR4)
From: "Freeman, Noah" <Noah.Freeman@Bain.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 14:02:18 -0400
Hello all!

Im plugging away at the rolling touchup resto of Charlie, my TR4 (393621),
and I have the following questions- (these are the repairs in progress this
week...all past advice has been great...sending hte rollbar back ot Moss,
going to hvae my local custom race prep guy make one from scratch (he is
charging less, doing a much better job)

1)      Touching up paint dings on a non-concourse car- where do I get the
paint?  (Boston area people?) Im not sure if my red is standard triumph red
or not.  What do I do once Ive got the paint?  (Ive read the VTR method,
which looks INCREDIBLY detailed).  What primer do I use, if any?

2)      Incorrectly reading temp guage- My car was running consistently
pegged at "100" ont he temp gague, but a thermometer stuck in the radiotar
reads about 80C...how do I make hte temp guage work better, to tell me if
something is going wrong?  Replace the gauge?  Replace the sensor?

3)      Gearshift popping out of gear- title says it all.  Im assuming just
an old, in need of rebuild/replacement gearbox...any other less dramatic
quick fixes?

4)      Left front wheel touching the fender and rubbing on hard right
corners while braking...im going to jack it up and look..any best guesses on
whats wrong, what to look for?

Thank you all in advance!

Noah

This electronic mail transmission contains confidential information
intended only for the person(s) named.  Any use, distribution,
copying or disclosure by any other person is strictly prohibited.
If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender
by reply e-mail and then destroy the message.  Opinions, conclusions,
business of Bain & Company shall be understood to be neither given
nor endorsed by the Company.  When addressed to Bain clients, any
information contained in this e-mail is subject to the terms and conditions
in the governing client contract.