Pertronix failure...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Pertronix failure...
From: Bill Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 19:47:13 -0700
Hi Listers,
     Got my Pertronix ignitor today,  Part Number LU-142A (which
should be for a Negative ground, 4 cyl Triumph TR3).  Measured 3 ohms
across the Lucas coil, installed the ignitor...does not work.
     I jumpered it straight to the battery, as the troubleshooting
guide suggested, still nothing. I measure 12.5 vdc at the battery,
and 11.7 vdc at the coil with the ignition switch turned on. I am
sure I have it hooked up correctly.
     The only thing I am a little concerned about is an apparent
ground wire inside the distributor that was not removed when I
removed the points, etc.

Should that stay?

Any help gratefully accepted.

--