RE: Pertronix failure...

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Pertronix failure...
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 12:08:03 -0700
Depending on the points style, there is a second stepped nylon washer that
has to go on the post before the spring.  Sometimes, the two washers are
linked with a strip of nylon.  Others use a flat phenolic washer, but the
points spring must be insulated from the post.

One alternative to the specter of having to deal with all those little parts
to be dropped and lost while sitting at the side of a busy freeway is to
keep an entire spare points plate, with points installed and gapped, in the
trunk.  The points plate from a MGB or MG midget will fit a TR3 ...

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver - Crane ignition, points in the spare tire <g>