RE: TR4 Brakes/Engine Questions

Subject: RE: TR4 Brakes/Engine Questions
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 10:52:51 -0700
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Riff :

Riff Brown wrote :
> But Bob went
> on to open one of the calipers, which I understand is undesirable.  Is it
> possible to reassemble and reuse?

Even though not recommended by the manufacturer (Girling), many people have
done so and reported no subsequent problems.  Here's an old message I saved
on the subject :

Riff Brown wrote :
> 2. Engine - given how long the car has been sitting, Bob
> suggested putting a
> little transmission fluid in each of the engine cylinders to loosen things
> up before attempting to turn the engine by hand.  Anything wrong with this
> suggestion?

Certainly won't hurt anything, although personally I'd use penetrating oil,
like PB Blaster instead.  Might also be a good idea to leave the plugs out,
and spin it with the starter until the oil pressure comes up.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver