Spit Hardtop

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spit Hardtop
From: "Thomas Mercks" <tmercks@mail.blount.state.tn.us>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 08:04:58 -0400
Hi all,

I can't say I'm new to the lists, as I subscribed years ago through an old
unix based network (in the early days) at a former job. Changing jobs, I have
come in contact with the triumph lists and I am very happy to be back.

I have two questions to pose. My primary question: I have a restored 1969
Spitfire Mk3. (I didn't say fully restored because, do we ever really fully
finish our restorations?) I would like to find a hardtop. Any ideas stateside?
Shipping from GB at the moment is more costly than the available aftermarket
top price.

Second, I have a 1975 TR7 "project" car. Excellent condition for its age, but
with electrical firing problems, and I'm not quite sure how good the motor is.
Any comments or suggestions on engine swaps/electrical/restoration in
general/any advice, etc. would be appreciated.

You may reply directly, Thanks greatly.
Tommy
tmercks@mail.blount.state.tn.us