GT6 Not Firing

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 Not Firing
From: Dan John <johndj1_uk@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 12:53:00 +0100 (BST)
Hi

A quick couple of questions.

Got my car started for the summer last weekend and
have had a couple of misfiring problems so had a
tinker with the carb.  I swear all I did was take the
temperature compensations unit off and then replace
it.  Now the car will turn over but will not fire at
all.  Thoughts?

Also, as regular readers will know, I've had a
misfiring problem for ages.  Garage has advised me
that it is because the engine (new) is so efficient,
the ignition cannot keep up with it???  Have replaced
the ignition with an electronic one and then placed a
plea to these very pages.  Concensus seemed to be carb
related (hence the tinkering).  Have since had a
contact say it could be the choke discs.  Does this
sound correct and, if so, can I repair it myself
(given the past experience)?

Cheers

Dan