Dimmer swich in RHD TR4, TR5, TR6s

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Dimmer swich in RHD TR4, TR5, TR6s
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 07:24:27 -0700 |July 24, 2000) at 05/21/2001 10:19:45 AM
Dear Listers.

This question is for those of you driving RHD TRs.  Whenever I attempt to
dim my headlights in my 1970 TR6, my feet have a difficult time finding
their way to the switch.  Maybe is the style of tennis shoe I wear, or the
size of my feet, but it's really annoying to have to extend my leg and
contort my foot just to reach that dimmer switch.   Is this the usual
procedure for using the little switch?  Now I know why it was moved to the
steering column on later models!!

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Dave Stauffacher