Some TR6 Tonneau questions.

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Some TR6 Tonneau questions.
From: "Tim Taylor" <Tim@steelstudios.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 14:08:21 -0500
Hi all
Its getting about that time in Texas when we can forget about seeing much
rain for the next 8 months. So I broke out the "never been used by me
Tonneau cover and let it bake in the sun for a while so that It can be just
about stretched on.  I stored the hood cover for the season because it does
not seem like they are too compatible. It has raised some questions....

#1 what does the strap on the passenger side of the center zipper do?

#2 Assuming that that strap isn't involved how does one keep the unzipped
flaps  stowed when the car is in use?

#3 Ideally I would like to remove the convertible top entirely for the
season but that would leave me without rear snaps.
   Should I purchase a second rear top rail and mount some into that, or if
I put them right on the body will there be enough clearance to re-mount the
top with its real rail over the protruding mail snaps.

#4 With out the top the place where the hood frame mounts in the passenger
compartment will look rather unsightly. Has anyone purchased/fabricated
something to mount there while going top free?

Thanks in Advance

Tim Taylor
Austin Texas
76- TR6