TR 8 electical problem

To: "Rob Wilfong" <raw8188@eriecoast.com>
Subject: TR 8 electical problem
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 18:16:00 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Rob Wilfong"
>    When I go to start my TR 8 the starter will engage, but then the
electrical system almost dies.  When i take a volt reading at the starter
it
is down to 2 volts.  I did a load test on the battery and it checks fine.
also bench tested the starter and seems to work good.  Has anything like
this
happened to anyone?  I have not a clue were to go from here.
Thank You in advance,
<

Rob,  Measure the voltage right at the battery during a start attempt.  If
it drops to 2 volts you probably need a new battery.  Take it to the
autoparts store and have them check it for you.  If it stays pretty high
then start checking your battery cables and connections.  You could have a
bad connection at the battery clamps or the ground strap at the battery may
not be making a good connection to the body.  Watch for hot connections
while running this test.

Good luck

Dave