Re: Spitfire O/D driveshaft

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire O/D driveshaft
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 20:33:16 +0100
Hi Tony
These shafts are very different, they have splines where the original
doesn't, they have a ground end on the shaft to run in a bearing / bush
(unless it is a D type I think). I think it is definitely a find one job, I
don't think there is enough material that even a good machine shop could
re-fashion a normal one for O/D.
Good luck with the hunt.

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD