Re: Spitfire O/D driveshaft

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire O/D driveshaft
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 22:13:06 +0100
Hi Seb, Tony
I think I got off on cross purposes here, I have O/D gearboxes on the brain
at the moment having recently spent a very long weekend on a rebuild, I
thought we were talking about internals for the box, but we are talking
about the propshaft aren't we, D'oh, sorry folks! Of course it is possible
to have the propshaft (driveshaft) shortened reworked etc hell I even cut
and shut one at work as an experimental to see if we could use half of a
Fiat propshaft with the Triumph shaft to fit a Fiat twin cam in a friends
Herald!

Graham