Re: G-Tech

To: "Janssen, Lee K" <lee.k.janssen@lmco.com>
Subject: Re: G-Tech
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 17:11:37 -0400
Cc: "'- triumph'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
"Janssen, Lee K" wrote:

> Anyone out there using A G-tech performance meter? Any negatives or
> comments??
> For those of you not familiar with it you can hit the web site at
> http://formen.ign.com/news/20352.html
> I've read a few of the web pages and I haven't seen any negatives yet. Seems
> like $135 is a pretty good value considering the local dyno charges $200 per
> hour.

  My friend has one and we played with it a lot.

  It's surprisingly good, definitely worth the money.

  I have nothing to compare it's accuracy against, but the
results are fairly repeatable from run to run so even if
the accuracy isn't great, the precision is good so you can
use it to judge before and after modifications.

  When you first get one, you'll be driving the piss out
of your cars for the first day or two trying to get
the best numbers. ;>

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca