TR-6 and Negative Camber

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-6 and Negative Camber
From: "Williams, Bill (Atlanta)" <Bill.Williams@compaq.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 19:19:27 -0500
Guys,

I'm coming to the well again...

My 74 TR-6 has a rear, driver side, negative camber to the point where it
has occasionally rubbed the inside of the tire.

On advice of members of this thread, I have removed the tube shocks and
replaced them with the original damper shocks and used new poly bushings
(versus the rubber) where the shock link attaches to the trailing arm.

I've replaced the springs with new Moss (stock) springs and replaced both
rubber inserts.  I've replaced the training arm bushings with poly bushings.
(I have also tried the aluminum spacer, but it only raised the body and I
have taken it back out.)

My next and final step is to swap around the trailing arm brackets.  The
inner bracket is 3 notches, up.  The outer bracket is 1 notch up.  Using
some trig, I'm estimating the negative camber to be about 4 1/2 degrees.

I would like to leave the ride height were it currently is and just adjust
the camber.  My question is in using Brian Lanoway's table of 36 possible
bracket combinations.  Do I simply change the inner bracket to 2 notch down
for a relative camber angle of -4.78 degrees thereby theoretically ending up
with a final camber of -0.28 degrees?

Is this the proper way to read his table?

Thanks,

Bill
74 TR-6