Manual Choke Questions

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Manual Choke Questions
From: "Sean Twigg" <stwigg@mail.smcps.k12.md.us>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 10:56:34 -0400
Everyone,
        While at Carlisle last weekend I obtained a ZS CD150 off a 75-76
spitfire
(Non-California) and did a quick rebuild of it this week.  It has a manual
choke and I'm not sure if all the parts were there.  The main question is
whether or not the choke mechanism has a return spring, much like the one on
the throttle shaft, attached to it or not.  This one does not and it seems
that the choke has a bit too much free play, but I haven't attached a cable
to it yet.  Also, where is the choke normally located on the dash in the mid
70's spits? Was there an indicator light? I have an 80 that used an auto
choke carb and my cable is from a auto to manual kit I picked up yesterday,
so I am clueless in this department.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Slante,
Sean Twigg