Re: TR4 badges overheating

To: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Subject: Re: TR4 badges overheating
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 00:05:16 -0600
Cc: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Steven Newell wrote:

> David Massey wrote:
>
> > Message text written by Steven Newell
> > >I checked last night and my badges are also overheating.
> > The Triumph Sports Owners Association badge was
> > almost too hot to touch after my commute home. Would an
> > electric fan help? Does anyone have a NOS factory-option
> > badge cooler that they want to sell?
> > <
> >
> > What?  You didn't get the special "High Altitude" badges?  Well, I happen to
> > have a set of these very rare...
>
> Will my performance suffer with the High Altitude badges? Is there
> a conversion kit? Though I haven't tested it on a dyno, my mechanic
> says I can get 10-15 more horsepower with the three badges I have. I just
>wish I
> had more room on the bar.

Steven, Steven, Steven.... This is sort of like the three Cs of engine
building. You have to do these things in even increments. One badge bar,
one dash plaque and one racing stripe. Two badge bars, two dash plaques,
etc. That's how to build _real_ horsepower! Ask any riceboy racer....
<smile>

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM (yes, _that_ Roswell)

`70 GT6+ (being refurbished, slowly)
`72 GT6 Mk. III (organ donor)
`72 GT6 Mk. III (daily driver)
`64 TR4 (awaiting intensive care)
`80 TR7 (3.8 liter Buick-powered)
`86 Nissan 300ZX (the minimal-maintenance road car)
`68 VW Type II Camper (Lancia twin-cam powered, but feeling its age....)

Remember:  Math and alcohol do not mix... do not drink and derive.