Re: TR4 badges overheating

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 badges overheating
From: Bill Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 09:08:18 -0700
At 10:44 AM -0400 5/25/01, Matt Ritter wrote:
>  > You guys can add your high altitude badges, your chrome wheels
>and your bass
>>  subwoofers and such, but you ignore the importance of yellow paint and
>>  stickers at your own peril.  The carefully-devised ricer formula for speed
>>  and power clearly enunciates the importance of both of these.  If you leave
>>  them out, you will lose all the stoplight drags at any altitude.
>
>You forget the Fire extinguisher bottle and Japanese writing on the
>back.  Oddly enough I was still
>able to take one in my 97 cherokee( straight sixes forever!!!!)

However...I watched a SpeedVision show of Imported Car Drag Racing,
        Honda Civics turning 9 second quarters at 150 MPH is pretty
impressive, of course the RiceRockets were turbocharged and running
Nitrous, generating (according to SpeedVision) 600 HP!!!   I doubt
however if you would ever run across one on the road  <G>
--
Bill Pugh
1957 TR-3