Re: TR4 badges overheating

To: 105671.471@compuserve.com, mporter@zianet.com
Subject: Re: TR4 badges overheating
From: GreenBugeye@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 10:24:39 EDT
Cc: steven@cravetechnology.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/25/01 8:49:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
105671.471@compuserve.com writes:

> Message text written by "Michael D. Porter"
> >Steven, Steven, Steven.... This is sort of like the three Cs of engine
> building. You have to do these things in even increments. One badge bar,
> one dash plaque and one racing stripe. Two badge bars, two dash plaques,
> etc. That's how to build _real_ horsepower! Ask any riceboy racer....
> <smile>
> <
>
> But I thought the Rice-Boy Racer formula was 1 set low profile chrome
> reverse wheels, 1 trunk thumping stereo, and 1 megaphone exhaust?

You guys can add your high altitude badges, your chrome wheels and your bass
subwoofers and such, but you ignore the importance of yellow paint and
stickers at your own peril.  The carefully-devised ricer formula for speed
and power clearly enunciates the importance of both of these.  If you leave
them out, you will lose all the stoplight drags at any altitude.

Chris Eck
59 Bugeye
59 TR3A
93 Audi S4 TQ