Now I'm confused...

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Now I'm confused...
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 23:16:18 -0400
Well, I now am down to only the differential itself being left to remove from
the frame, and I will have the car completely frame-off. However, I decided to
check the ratio of the differential, and was amazed to discover that for every
two full revolutions of the driveshaft, I get one full revolution of the axle!
Is there a 2.x to 1 differential available? or am I just really confused? If
this actually is a 2-1 ratio, how will it affect my performance?

I finally got the Rimmer replacement floor pan welded in last night, on the
driver's side. Not too bad, though I would have preferred the look of the
improved one from Canley, but they were out of stock. Not too bad, but it die
require a little stretching- about 1/2" at the front! However, it is quite
usable, so I am happy.

Next week, I'll have the door sills and wheel opening repairs finished. Then
to finish stripping the paint, repaint the assembled body and frame, and start
putting her back together!

Currently, I am about to refurbish the rear axles. This looks like fun.

Scott