Manifold gaskets

To: "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Manifold gaskets
From: MPRICE <mprice@cybersol.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 09:47:41 -0400 teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f4SDeRS21370
List
I am going to have to replace the manifold gasket on my TR250. I found that the
installed gasket is mangled at the intake port for # 1 cylinder. This will have
bad effects on vacuum and performance. Its been a while since I played with
this and last time I ordered a gasket set I got the wrong one on the first go
around. ISTR that there is a difference between the heads on these than on the
later TR6's (not sure of the year they changed) . Any one know which is the
proper gasket for this car and where the best source is?

Also, who makes the best rebuild kit for ZS carb? May as well do those while
they're out. I think they need it.
TIA
Mark