f-f-f-fun!! (& top question)

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: f-f-f-fun!! (& top question)
From: "Boothroyd, Frank" <Frank.Boothroyd@northatlantic.nf.ca>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 09:43:30 -0230
H-h-hi f-f-folks.

I took Truffles out yesterday for her first full road cruise since having
major engine surgery done.  The oil pressure was 50-75lbs all the way.  And
it was a beautiful sunny day here in Newfoundland so the top was definitely
down.

And I f-f-froze!  Ended up at a Tim Hortons (a coffee shop to non-Canadians)
where I chatted with a Harley driver out on his first cruise of the year
too.  He was as cold as me.

So why was the top down?  Well, as I said, it was sunny out.  But also
because my top no longer fits!  So my question: how much does that canvas
(?) material shrink over the winter?  Or did someone stick my top in the
dryer?  I thought it was the fault of the woman who sewed new windows in it
- but last night I tried to put on the tonneau and it was too small too.
And nothing was done to that at all.

So I guess I just wait for warmer weather, huh?  Any advice on stretching
tops in the main time?
Cheers,
Frank