Re: What's Whistling?

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What's Whistling?
From: "Don Sforza" <djsforza@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 07:01:11 -0400
I agree on the intake leak. I had a Mercedes 190SL back in the 60's and at
idle it was quite as church mouse. But start to wind it up and the whistle
would turn heads.

A new gasket and some flattening of the mating surfaces are all that's
needed. Don't try the gasket by itself. Take your time and do it right.

Don Sforza                        djsforza@snet.net                 KA1WV
3/4 Morgan Group          1966 '4/4'  V  Competition            B1290
CT Triumph Register        1974 Triumph TR6                CF25689U