leaky rear (not an Imodium story)

Subject: leaky rear (not an Imodium story)
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 16:10:35 -0400
I am valiently (and expensively) waging the battle of the drip. This is
somewhat like the Battle of the Bulge, where just when you think all is
proceding well, suddenly there is a counter-attack and the enemy (oily
wretches every one) burst through the wall and spread out everywhere. In
this case all over the garage floor.

Alas now that I have the front crank seal and pan all nice and tight, I
still have leaks from the rear of the engine onto the exhaust. I I fear the
worst; the rear crank seal is probably gone. Is there any way to fix this up
without pulling the transmission out? Any fix known to anybody? The trans is
coming out this fall for O/D work anyway, so I would love to stop it simply
with a temp fix until then.

Mark Hooper
72 TR6