TR6 Differential Pinion Seal

To: "Arakelian, Peter" <arakelianp@mossmotors.com>
Subject: TR6 Differential Pinion Seal
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 18:20:12 -0400
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Arakelian, Peter"
>Yes the pinion seal has started to leak.  Not so much the leak that
bothers
me, it's just a small one, but it drips on the exhaust!  So questions..
Can I do this in the car? Or must I pull the entire diff?  Anyone done
this?
Tips, suggestions, please.
<

I considered doing what you are considering and wound up dropping the Diff.
 And I have a rear sway bar which complicates the process.  It has been a
few years but I seem to recall that the mating surface of the flange is
very clost to the edge of the frame.  So close that you can't get the
required tools up in there.   Check it out.  I could be wrong.

Good luck.

Dave