RE: fuel tank

To: "David Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "Phil Smith" <philip.smith25@verizon.net>
Subject: RE: fuel tank
From: "Eric Conrad" <conrade@qwest.net>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 10:41:56 -0600
I don't mean you any disrespect regarding your fuel tank capacity figures,
however, if I tried to put 12 gallons in my tank, I'd be washing the car to
get the excess fuel off the paint.  The fuel tank capacities varied by year
from 1969 until 1976.  For example, the 1969 stock tank holds 13.5 gallons,
while the 1976 tank holds 11.4 gallons.  I have the 1976 tank, and am
thereby limited to the later capacity figure.  The reported change point
from Triumph seems to be between the 1972 and the 1973 model years.  I can't
help regarding the commission numbers that had the reported differences in
fuel tank capacities.  Perhaps someone has Piggot's book handy and can find
the related reference.

Eric
'76 TR6 (CF52678U +O)  So close to being done with the frame off, I can
almost smell the August air in Breckenridge.  Can't wait to attend the VTR
convention and see all of you!

Message text written by "Phil Smith"
>Could someone please refresh my memory? I can't seem to remember, how many
gallons(USA) my TR6  tank holds.
<

12 to 12.5 gal (US).  I have put almost 13 in mine on rare occasion.

Dave