Rear Bumper

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear Bumper
From: Ct54531@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 17:51:35 EDT
I can't believe I have to ask this but I am having trouble putting my rear
bumper back on. The relation of the parts to one another doesn't seem to make
sense. I have the inner and outer brackets entering through the holes in the
rear valance and those two bolt together about halfway along the inner
bracket. But where does the end of the inner bracket attach and to what? The
orientation of the piece at its end is vertical so one would think a bolt
would go horizontally through it and.....what? Right now it's butting up
against the vertically oriented rear outrigger which also seems to have
nothing to attach to. It just sits right up against the bracket on the rear
leaf spring. Oh, yeah, this is a live axle car - not IRS.
And, while I'm at it, to what does the overrider support bracket bolt?
I've looked in the parts manuals, Haynes, and by Ken Ball Autobook. I'm
missing something obviously. (What was that about paying attention/taking
pictures when disassembling?)

Jim