Gas in the Sump after VTR

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Gas in the Sump after VTR
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 17:49:29 EDT
I have to assume the fuel pump went south and allowed gas to leak to the sump
instead of some mysterious high altitude phenomenon affecting Ohio Sixes.  I
took the fuel pump out and replaced it this afternoon but could see no
apparent leak.  My question now is should I even try to rebuild the old pump
or is it trash?  I rebuilt one for my TR4 and it leaked gas.  Is there a seal
in there that you can`t replace that leaks gas?  I hate to throw unobtainable
original A/C pumps in the woods but I don`t like gas in my oil.
Thanks for your Help,
Darrell