Gas in the Sump after VTR

To: "INTERNET:TR250Driver@aol.com" <TR250Driver@aol.com>
Subject: Gas in the Sump after VTR
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 20:47:05 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by INTERNET:TR250Driver@aol.com
>I have to assume the fuel pump went south and allowed gas to leak to the
sump
instead of some mysterious high altitude phenomenon affecting Ohio Sixes.
took the fuel pump out and replaced it this afternoon but could see no
apparent leak.  My question now is should I even try to rebuild the old
pump
or is it trash?  I rebuilt one for my TR4 and it leaked gas.  Is there a
seal
in there that you can`t replace that leaks gas?  I hate to throw
unobtainable
original A/C pumps in the woods but I don`t like gas in my oil.
Thanks for your Help,
<

Darrel,

Mount the pump and make it look like it is hooked up.  Also mount an
electric one under the frame where the concours judges won't see it.  This
way you get points for originality and the reliability of a modern,
electric pump.

;-)

Dave Massey