RE: Electric Thermostatic fan switch

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Electric Thermostatic fan switch
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 09:36:53 -0600

I used the switch from a first generation Honda Prelude. You should be able
to find these at junk yards. To get the fitting, I hack sawed a trashed
radiator from one of these at a self serve yard to remove just the fitting
with a small amount of the rad stuck on. The shop which installed the
fitting in my radiator removed the fitting from the scrap metal before
soldering it into the rad. The reason I used this switch is that's the
lowest temp rating I could find (not an exhaustive search mind you). Most
modern cars don't' switch the fan until much higher temps (>200F). I wanted
mine to switch on at a lower temp. I think my switch comes on at 185F or so.
It's a metric thread, so it's best to get the fitting from the car.

HTH

Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO