Re: Herald/Standard 10 engine/commission number question

To: <spitlist@gte.net>, <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Subject: Re: Herald/Standard 10 engine/commission number question
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 15:20:04 EDT
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
In a message dated Wed, 5 Sep 2001 11:59:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Joe Curry
<spitlist@gte.net> writes:

> > I've decided not to buy the car but I'm curious about the engine.
>
> If the car is otherwise in good shape, you should reconsider.  There are
>plenty of 1147 engines out there.  And even better 1296's that would help the
> performance immensely.

True, but possibly at a serious penalty. The pre-80001 Herald 1200s had a,
shall we say, less sturdy chassis that might or might NOT take the strain of a
1296, especially one at peak pre-emissions stock performance of 75 hp or
greater.

--Andy Mace