RE: TR3 starting

To: "David Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Subject: RE: TR3 starting
From: "Dave Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 18:50:15 -0700 o m>
David,

Yes... I have done this. It's not really that hard to do.

1) run a battery lead that is removable to the coil, remove it to kill the
engine
2) attach a length of fuel line to the input side of the fuel pump, other
end in gas can
3) use a removable lead of some sort to turn over the starter
4) run a hose between the heater line intake/outtake (since I assume the
heater is missing, but water will travel through there even if the heater
vent is closed... don't ask how I know)
5) it's easy to manually work the carb throttles and chokes
6) you can jack up rear end if you want to test out trans and O/D (nice to
find a major problem BEFORE you put the body back on)

That's all you should need if memory serves me correctly (an ever rarer
occurrence to be sure). I wouldn't let it all run TOO long because it'll
tend to get a bit hot with so little air movement. But it is a lot of fun to
watch it run like that -- and it'll never be easier again to make any
changes.

Dave Moag
62 TR3B
77 Spitfire