Re: Beyond Belief.

To: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Beyond Belief.
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 20:16:03 -0400
> I am currently watching the news from the United States, there are no
words
> to express how I feel, my heart goes out to the whole of the country and
in
> particular to those areas affected. I hope that all your loved ones are
> safe.
>
> Graham.

Graham-

I just returned from a day of work and horror listening to the reports of
what has occurred in NYC and Washington. I deliver auto parts, and in every
shop a television was on, and the feelings were the same: Who ever did this
will pay.

I live in a part of New Jersey about 45 minutes by car from downtown
Manhattan. Many people around here brave the daily commute to work there.
Luckily, I do not have any relatives who do, however I ran across a few
people... A Federal Express driver who's uncle worked on the top floor of
one of the towers- He had no idea of his uncle's condition at that time. A
woman who's son in law works in one tower, and was luckily late leaving this
morning- he heard about it on the way in, and went home, and called his head
office so they would not be looking for him. I am also wondering about one
friend who works in the financial district, but I don't know where... I sent
him an e-mail to inquire. My sister's recent ex-boyfriend lives in Boston,
and commutes to LA. He wasn't on the hijacked plane, but a close friend of
his was. I even worried about my brother who occasionally visits the city.
But he was safe.

This whole day has been one long bad dream feeling for
Also, the fact all the aircraft in the country are grounded is
disconcerting- today, only the birds ruled the skies. And those few aircraft
we saw were scary just being there. (I had the pleasure of having the
daylights scared out of me when everyone I spoke with... And we keep waiting
for the other shoe to drop- NY and Washington may have only been the slap- I
am worried for the west coast everything was supposed to be down, and a
car-company blimp(!) caught the corner of my eye! I guess it took them a
little longer to get where they needed to be) Earlier in the morning, I
watched every plane heading for Philadelphia with a sense of dread- I am
only about 15 miles from there, and I knew if anything happened, we would
see it.

A helicopter just flew over- but I am pretty sure it was the State Police
medi-vac.

Just so my friend Laura in California doesn't worry- I want the country to
get vengeance, but only on those responsible- I had one person tell me today
that" if you stop in a gas station run by one of those people, feel free to
shoot"  I told him point blank that not every person from the suspected area
of the world is to blame- just those who did this. I was upset he should
make such a jack-ass comment, and told him so.

Everybody, I haven't got a lot of words today. It just doesn't seem like
there is anything that can be said.

Scott