Re: Tapered collar

To: <CuckooCox@aol.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tapered collar
From: "Don Sforza" <djsforza@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 15:42:16 -0400
I don't think your question was insignificant... I, for one, was confused as
to your question.

The TR series of cars used a splined, knock off (or Rudge) "hub extension"
for mounting the wires wheels. These were bolted (with lug nuts) to the
hubs, front and rear.

Yes, they do wear... to the point of being dangerous... and should be
replaced. The ARE available from Moss, Vicky Brit and the Roadster
Factory... also, British Wire Wheel, etc., etc. The Triumph ( also Roadster
Factory) part numbers are 202446, right and 202447, left. Moss numbers are
661410 and 661420, right and left, respectively.

Hope this helps...

Don Sforza                        djsforza@snet.net                 KA1WV
3/4 Morgan Group          1966 '4/4'  V  Competition            B1290
CT Triumph Register        1974 Triumph TR6                CF25689U