RE: Tapered collar

To: CuckooCox@aol.com, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tapered collar
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 13:33:49 -0700
Don :

Actually, the TR2 and drum brake TR3 (as David has) used a different system,
with special splined hubs (similar to the MGs).  If you check the Moss
catalog, you can see the hubs (Moss P/N 661-340 and 661-350) illustrated, as
well as the tapered collar that David is asking about (Moss P/N 661-390).

Unfortunately, I have no idea where to find them.  They were listed as
available in last year's Moss catalog, so I would definitely try calling
TRF, Moss, Moss UK, Rimmer's etc to see if just perhaps they have some lying
about somewhere.

I don't know of any reason you couldn't bolt the later splined adapters to
the early drums, but I've never tried it.

Randall