Re: Halogen dash bulbs?

To: Neil Beesley <neil.beesley@securesult.co.uk>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Halogen dash bulbs?
From: bob <rmf3860@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 08:54:11 -0400
Cc: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>, "'Mark Creamer'" <mcreamer@cinci.rr.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
An alternative to finding and installing new green plastic filters, is
to paint the halogen lights with glass paint. Believe it or not,
Wall-Mart sells this product in their craft department. It comes in a
plastic bottle and costs about $2.00. The paint withstands temperatures
up to 350 degrees. The green color is a perfect match.

I recently installed a new fascia panel and, in the process, dismantled
and cleaned all the instruments. In doing so, I noticed that the green
plastic filters in two of the engine instruments had melted. Since the
stock replacement bulbs are clear, the glass paint solution was a
perfect fix.

I was interested in trying the halogen bulbs, but decided against it
when I read that they cost $12 each, unless that was a misprint.

Anyway, hope the info on the lights helps someone.

Bob Fabie
Fredericksburg, Va
'75 TR6

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
rmf3860.vcf]