Re: Before we finally revert to topic

To: "J.H. Roulleaux" <Jean.Roulleaux@skynet.be>
Subject: Re: Before we finally revert to topic
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:06:19 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "J.H. Roulleaux"
>Sorry to bother the list with my mail, but I have to get it off my heart
I'm just back on the list since yesterday. Tuesday we drove home
from the TR Euromeeting in the Dolomites in Italy. On our way
home we were terrified when hearing the news on the car radio
about the disaster that struck the U.S. It was so unrealistic,we
coud not believe it. My son who is studying  finance and fiscality at
the university of Maastricht spent a week in NY financial distric
including the WTC this june on a study tour and you can imagine
his feelings when the reporter announced the collapse of the Twin
Towers burying thousands of people, probably including some he
had met in June. No one in the car could retain his tears when
hearing about such a waste of lives.
The joy we had during the extended weekend with TR friends from
all over Europe just vanished in total emptiness.There are no words
to describe what we all felt at this moment and still feel.
All our prayers are with you
Toutes nos prieres sont avec vous
Jean and family from Europe
<

Jean,

Je voudrais vous remerci pour les mots gentiles.  I would like to thank all
of our friends around the world for the encouraging remarks.  It is with
your assistance that we will persevere.    The events of the past week have
seemed most sureal.  I had to keep reminding myself that, yes, indeed, this
is really happening and, yes, indeed, our society will be forever changed.
We will be a little less open and a little less welcoming than before.
Perhaps we were a little naive in the past but I think that (I hope that)
the  underlying principles of our open and free society will prevail -
although in a little more guarded form.

And it is nice to know who your friends are.

Thank you

Dave Massey