Re: Before we finally revert to topic

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Before we finally revert to topic
From: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 13:47:22 -0400
John Macartney wrote:

> Friends
> Over the last few days, I have been saddened and surprised by turn to
> read many varied messages and reactions on this and other
> autox.team.net lists  on the barbaric events of last Tuesday.
> What I have noticed most of all is that a surprisingly large number of
> contributors seem to be under the misguided impression that the people
> of the United States are completely alone in its grief and shock.

John,

others,

I on the other hand have been astonished-- yes I think that's the best word
for it-- at the scale and depth of sympathy being reported from all over the
world.  No one chose me as spokesman, but here's one Yank who thanks you all
for your kind thoughts.  I'm beginning to believe this truly was a world-wide
event, and not just because there were so many foreign nationals still in
those buildings as they collapsed.  It's because we're ALL human, and because
apart from a few religious fanatics (and not just Muslim fanatics, we've met
some of their Christian counterparts and they're no prettier), we want to
continue living in the 21st century, and not die in the 12th.

In days to come we will surely have disagreements as to what to do about it...
the reactions I've heard so far have ranged from "nuke 'em all" to Ramsey
Clark's idiotic sermons about racist imperialism (ref. the pathetic
http://www.iacenter.org).  But let us not forget, in our future arguments
about how to exterminate this new universal threat, that EXTERMINATE it we
MUST.

--
Douglas Frank Compaq Computer Corp.
ZKO           110 Spit Brook Rd.       The older I get,