RE: It's, like, SOooo '70s, man --- vs. WTC??

To: "'Martin Secrest '" <msecrest@erols.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net '" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: It's, like, SOooo '70s, man --- vs. WTC??
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 17:24:04 -0400
Half-baked theory #1

Hotel California

Some dance to remember
some dance to forget.

Last week many took refuge in their garages and on the list to calm down
about a situation they could do little or nothing to affect. Further
discussion just caused more pain. The question of whether we best honour our
dead by forgetting them is another matter and I am certain was never the
intent of any list member.

In a very real fashion the list forms a "club" of people with a common
interest. Within that club I find the diversity of opinions on other
subjects fascinating. While it is true that I am on the list primarily to
discuss my Triumph, I don't confuse the list as a simple knowledge base or
FAQ paper. To a great extent the opinions offered by the members are a
result of their experiences and personal philosophy. Separating those
factors from the "data" reduces it's value and impact. Just as you don't
drink the water if the well is suspect, I am not about to try out some
strange procedure suggested by the list upon my TR6 if I don't have a good
feeling about the people giving the advice.

That is not to say that I wish to see the LBC list turn into "all politics
all the time". However in times of great emotion some Human discussion is
not only understandable, it is essential.

Mark Hooper
72 TR6