Greetings and tire question

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Greetings and tire question
From: "Freeman, Noah" <nfreeman@baincapital.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 17:40:19 -0400
Hello again triumph buddies-

After a 6 week absence, I am back on the computer with a new email address.
In tough times like these its beautiful things like Triumphs that get us
through.

during my summer trip without charlie (my TR-4) one of his Tires blew out
(long story).  Its clear that this should be the catalyst for new tires,
since the old ones are pretty badly worn anyway.  When at New England
Triumph's show, I saw some cars with redlines...they looked great!...since
Charlie is red, I was thinking that redlines would look pretty snazzy.

Charlie has wire wheels, in what I assume are the standard size...I drive
hard on the road, but dont compete...what are my tire options?  What would
people recomend?  What is available in redlines, and in non redlines?  How
do I decide on this, when it seems the options are totally baffling...

Since charlie has wires, does he need tubes, even if they tires are in
theory tubeless?

Thanks, and sorry for the beginners questions

Noah