Re: TR4 lower dash bracket

To: cak@dimebank.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 lower dash bracket
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 10:04:55 +1000 FILETIME=[E1533C50:01C14167]
Chris Kantarjiev wrote:

>"Blanked" typically means that there was a plate to cover the cutout;
>that's the way the 4A is done, and it's probably even the same part.

Thank you for your reply Chris.

AFAIK all TR4As received a cut-out as it was incorporated into their new
one-piece dash support (which made the lower dash bracket redundant). AFAIK
if a TR4A was delivered ex-radio the blanking plate was installed, where as
a TR4 without a radio received a blanked bracket (covered in vinyl) from the
factory. The TR4 blanked bracket and TR4A cut-out cover have different part
numbers.

I am not sure if the factory also installed cut-out brackets on export bound
cars without a radio to allow for a dealer to install one on arrival. If
that did happen, what did the dealers do if a radio was not fitted- did they
reinstall a balcnked bracket, leave the cut-out, or install a cover plate?

I want to somehow determine how my car most likely left the factory- i.e.
with or without a cut-out bracket. I may check with Moss, TRF etc for their
thoughts on the topic.

Thanks again,
Michael
63' TR4