Distributors - TR4 & TR4A

To: "'triumphmail list'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Distributors - TR4 & TR4A
From: john donnelly <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 18:08:51 -0700 teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f8N1CGP03451
Hello List,

In playing around with the distributor I have discovered that the centrifugal
weights (actually the assembly) were slow in returning. In other words you
could advance the distributor upper shaft, but the return springs didn't "pull"
the assembly back to neutral. So I pulled the distributor out and cleaned out
all the gunk from over the years. The assembly returns fine now.

While I haven't fired up the TR to see if my cleaning worked, I did notice that
the distributor was rather worn in a few places and was wondering what others
have used to replace theirs. Is there a replacement that doesn't cost $300+ ???
Can you still get parts for them? And who sells them?

Regards
John in San Diego
'67 TR4A