Re: TR6 brake lockup

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 brake lockup
From: "Martin Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 09:15:47 -0400
Uncle Jack:

Not in my experience does M/C failure result in locking up the wheels;
usually M/C's seals go bad, the fluid leaks out, and the reverse happens.

Get the car up in the air and confirm which wheels are locking up -- I
suspect your front calipers are sticking and are the cause.  Also check all
brake hoses to make sure none are kinked or pinched.

===
Martin Secrest
73 GT6 (driver)
72 TR6 (weekender)
Arlington, VA

"She's got a carburetor tied to the moon." - Beck