Re: TR6 brake lockup

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 brake lockup
From: "Nelson Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 09:35:00 -0400
Jack,

I had a similar problem a few years back.  I found the inside of the hoses
feeding one of the front brakes was plugged.  The rubber seemed to have
dissolved.   Fluid could be forced through by the high pressure from the MC
when the pedal was pressed, but the restriction was enough so that the
brakes were held on after the pedal was released. As the calipers heated up,
I suspect some of the fluid evaporated that built up a greater pressure to
force more fluid back to the MC.  When the caliper cooled the fluid
condensed relieving the pressure and freeing the brakes.

Nelson Riedel
Granville Ohio
'68TR250, '70TR6, '76TR6