Re: TR6 Odometer - Reset or Not???

To: vafred@erols.com, Chip19474@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Odometer - Reset or Not???
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 23:53:28 +1000 FILETIME=[C94E6A40:01C1475B]
Fred Thomas

>I believe every state has a law against "turning-back" a speed-o, no state
>has a law that I know of about turning one forward, also if you have
>antique tags on your car, then no worries about odo reading, anyway, yes I
>turned mine back when Nissonger rebuilt it they asked what I wanted on it,
>so you are replacing a speedo and all you have to do according to state law
>is record the last know figure.

FWIW I can confirm for Australian listers that here in New South Wales it is
illegal to "alter the reading on an odometer". In fact it is even illegal to
"remove and replace" an odometer. Very strict indeed. Perhaps it is a rule
observed more often in the breach during restorations around here ;-)

Cheers,
Michael
63' TR4
Sydney, Australia