Re: TR6 Odometer - Reset or Not???

To: Chip19474@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Odometer - Reset or Not???
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 22:53:13 +1000 FILETIME=[5E563450:01C14753]
Chip Krout wrote:

>Here's one of those totally non-technical questions to ponder.....What >is
>your thinking on resetting the "restoration-soon-to-be-completed" >TR6's
>odometer to zero before placing the speedo in the dash.....I'm >cleaning
>gauges in preparation for refit.  The original speedo(odometer) shows
>66,678 miles.

>On one hand, leaving the reading as it is sort of adds to >the
>"correctness" of the entire project; on the other hand, resetting >to zero
>would provide a baseline starting point for the reborn 6......

Chip,

Congratulations on getting to this point in your restoration.

I won't buy into the 'correctness' debate, but I will say that you may want
to first check that it is legal to change the odometer reading in your
state. AFAIK in some jurisdictions around the world this is specifically
prohibited and if you are in one of those jurisdictions you might end up
with an unwanted fine...

Best of luck,
Michael
63' TR4