TR-3 Fuel Pump Diaphram

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-3 Fuel Pump Diaphram
From: Dennis & Bridget Lambert <blambert@socal.rr.com> (Unverified)
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 09:54:29 -0700
I have started the rebuild of an original AC fuel pump.  The diaphragm
in the rebuild kit is constructed somewhat differently  than the one
that came out of the pump.  Essentially, the diaphragms are a piece of
flexible runbber-like material sandwiched between two flat circular
metal plates, one plate larger than the other,  with  a plunger attached
to one of the plates.  The original diaphragm has the plunger attached
to the smaller of the plates, which is shaped to hold the spring quite
nicely, while the replacement diaphragm has the plunger attached to the
larger plate, which would allow the spring to flop around somewhat.  I
suspect my replacement diaphragm has been assembled incorrectly at the
factory.  If anyone has a fuel pump diaphragm laying around, could you
look at it and let me know which way the plunger is attached, and thus
which plate receives the spring?

Thanks, Dennis