Re: TR-3 Fuel Pump Diaphram

To: "Dennis & Bridget Lambert" <blambert@socal.rr.com>, " Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR-3 Fuel Pump Diaphram
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 01 06:21:04 -0700
> I suspect my replacement diaphragm has been assembled incorrectly
> at the factory.

Yep.  And they do not care because it works anyway.

I went through this a few years back with Rover which also used an AC
pump.

There is one factory, somewhere in Turkey that is the only manufacturer
of AC pump rebuild kits in the world.  For some reason they insist upon
assembling the plates backwards on the diaphram.

As the guy from Rover told me back when, don't worry about it.  Assemble
it using the post as your guide.  It will work just fine anyway.

I did as he said on both the Land Rover and later on the TR3A.  Gosh it
works just fine like he said it would.  But I still loose sleep over a
world that thinks wrong is OK as long as it still works.  But I guess
maybe since it works it is just different and not wrong.

I keep wondering why they did it that way.  Is there an intersting tale
involved?

TeriAnn Wakeman               If you send me direct mail, please
Santa Cruz, California        start the subject line with TW -
twakeman@cruzers.com           I will be sure to read the message

http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

"How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
Amelia Earhart 1898-1937