FS: My TR6, Supercharger, and A Type OD

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "6-Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: FS: My TR6, Supercharger, and A Type OD
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 22:10:27 -0400
Never thought I would write those words, but to the point.

1974 Triumph TR6, CF18555    $3300 (Negotiable)
Sapphire Blue exterior, Shadow Blue interior
Solid frame, solid body (former Texas car)

Over $3300 in receipts since I purchased it in December of 1998.
Clutch redone less than 500 miles ago (inc. cross shaft, fork, double
bushed, throwout bearing and carrier, pin, flywheel resurfaced).  New
Starter, Rebuilt Alternator, two new rear tyres (205/60R15s), recored
radiator and hoses, waterpump... reciepts tell the rest.

What does it need?  Paint is wearing, engine is aging (80k miles), and I
never got around to replacing the interior bits from when I did the clutch
(I had intended on replacing door panels and seat covers).

I've got a decent sized lot of spare parts.  Best description of the car
would be a usable fix it as as you go daily driver (2001 was surprisingly
absolutely trouble free driving season except for two flat tyres), or in
other words a rolling restoration not requiring any or little metal work.

The Supercharger is NOT included with the car.  If anyone wants that I'm
asking $2000 (what I paid, plus shipping) or I'm putting it on eBay on
Monday, it is brand new.  It is the VIS kit with the Eaton blower, you'll
just need to source a 2" SU... everything else is there.  I only had the
parts out of the box to take measurements for my spare engine, and the
supercharger was promptly returned to it's box.  See at
http://www.pil.net/~felix/supercharger .. I've answered this one before, you
can not use a Ford Thunderbird Supercoupe M62 supercharger, it is a
different case and will not fit.  You've got to use the "generic
aftermarket" M62 which I have, and is the one you see in the photos.

Also, a working A type OD gearbox.  ~400lbs of pressure when spun up on my
bench, solenoid clicks in nicely.  Gears are good, as are synchros.  Input
shaft had some very light surface rust, it cleaned up fine with some emery
cloth.  Spare TR6 input shaft included, which is perfect.  $1000 (plus
shipping)

Everything located in Bristol PA, USA, 19056.
Telephone 215.269.3344
Cell Tell: 267.231.1837 (or leave a voicemail) email: kmr@pil.net

I will not be home until Tuesday 9th of October, and then I'm available
afternoons and nights MWF and nights Tues and Thurs.  I check my email
constantly, and it is probably the most reliable method of reaching me.
Cell is a good bet for reaching me usually during the day.

A web address containing detailed photos of my car will follow, for those
interested.  Perhaps as early as tomorrow afternoon, if it is nice outside.

Cheers,

--
Kai M. Radicke
kmr@pil.net