GT6-3: Continuing Turn Flasher Dilemma

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6-3: Continuing Turn Flasher Dilemma
From: "Martin Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 17:16:52 -0400
Yo:

Small ongoing soap opera here.  Let's review.

My turn signals suddenly stopped working.  (If it's any help, they were going
kind of slowly before they quit.)  I tightened and cleaned the fuse
connections.  No effect.

The hazard switch and flasher work fine, and when activated, all the turn
bulbs flash.  I finally located the turn flasher, I believe -- it was tucked
up inside the bottom edge of the fascia, just to the right of the steering
column.  Replacing that with new one, and/or shorting out the terminals, does
not cause the turn signals to work when the stalk is activated.  So now, I'm
lost.

One other thing:  while looking under the fascia, at the extreme left side,
and bolted to the upper part of the dash metal, there's a two-inch tubular
looking unit that sort of looks like a long hazard flasher unit, but I have no
idea what it is.  And yes, as someone pointed out, the 3-pronged relay on the
left side of the firewall is the horn relay, not a flasher unit.  I'd
forgotten.

===
Martin Secrest
73 GT6 (driver)
72 TR6 (weekender)
Arlington, VA

"She's got a carburetor tied to the moon."