Re: While motor's out, what else would u do?

To: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Subject: Re: While motor's out, what else would u do?
From: Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 19:13:07 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Erik,

        When I took my engine and tranny out last year for a rebuild, I made a
        MAJOR mistake and regret it to this day. NOW is the best time to
degrease
        the engine compartment, get rid of any rust spots, and even paint it (it
doesn't
        have to be professional). But the main point is, while you have all
that open
        space, take advantage of it.

        '72 TR6
        Jeff N.

At 09:30 AM 10/4/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Clutch
>

>At 10:00 AM 10/4/2001 -0400, bob wrote:
>>Listers:
>>
>>Later this year, I will remove my engine and transmission in order to
>>paint and detail the engine compartment to perfection.
>>
>>While the motor is on the stand, I plan to install new main and
>>connecting rod bearings, thrust washers, oil seals and timing chain.
>>Motor runs perfectly, but compression check will determine what
>>additional work I do to the head and/or lower end.
>>
>>What other things would you recommend? Timing gears?
>>
>>Appreciate your suggestions.
>>
>>Bob Fabie
>>Fredericksburg, Va
>>'75 TR6
>
>--

Director of Product Development
Manufacturing Systems & Technologies, Inc.
Web site: www.msystech.com
Telephone: 856-874-1884