RE: Gasoline Overflow

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Gasoline Overflow
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 15:14:10 -0700
I assume most people know this, but just in case :
Another thing to be aware of is that the tank vent on a TR3 is well below
the level of the filler cap.  If you fill the tank into the neck, you will
have liquid fuel run out of the tank vent onto the ground under the car.

Many years ago, when all gas stations were "full service", I went to use the
restroom and let the attendant do a fill up.  When I came out, he was still
happily "topping off" the tank, standing in a spreading pool of gasoline.

I now have my tank vent blocked off.  My gas cap, and all the TR3 caps I've
looked at, has a vent hole, so the tank vent is redundant.

Randall